Vulcan CO-ED Slo-Pitch League
|Updated July 16, 2021|
|1||June 15, 2021||7:00pm||Bandits||27||Village Idiots||14||VMMP South|
|2||June 17, 2021||7:00pm||Bandits||30||Mixed Nuts||29||VMMP South|
|3||June 17, 2021||7:00pm||Milo Young Guns||23||Don't Bothers||22||CCHS|
|4||June 17, 2021||7:00pm||Champion||25||Sons of Pitches||24||Champion|
|1||June 22, 2021||7:00pm||Mixed Nuts||17||Sons of Pitches||21||VMMP South|
|2||June 24, 2021||7:00pm||Bandits||29||Don't Brothers||17||VMMP South|
|3||June 24, 2021||7:00pm||Mixed nuts||3||Milo Young Guns||16||CCHS|
|4||June 24, 2021||7:00pm||Champion||16||Village Idiots||5||Champion|
|1||June 29, 2021||7:00pm||Champion||12||Milo Young Guns||21||Champion|
|2||June 29, 2021||7:00pm||Sons of Pitches||14||The Don't Brothers||13||VMMP South|
|3||June 29, 2021||7:00pm||Village Idiots||12||Mixed Nuts||21||CCHS|
|4||June 30, 2021||7:00pm||Milo Young Guns||16||Bandits||15||VMMP South|
|1||July 6, 2021||7:00pm||The Don't Brothers||2||Milo Young Guns||20||VMMP South|
|2||July 8, 2021||7:00pm||Bandits||35||Champion||18||VMMP South|
|3||July 8, 2021||7:00pm||The Don't Brothers||Mixed Nuts||VMMP North|
|4||July 8, 2021||7:00pm||Sons of Pitches||19||Village Idiots||13||CCHS|
|1||July 13, 2021||7:00pm||Champion||17||The Don't Brothers||7||Champion|
|2||July 15, 2021||7:00pm||Mixed Nuts||7||Champion||32||VMMP South|
|3||July 15, 2021||7:00pm||Village Idiots||6||Milo Young Guns||24||VMMP North|
|4||July 15, 2021||7:00pm||Sons of Pitches||18||Bandits||24||CCHS|
|1||July 20, 2021||7:00pm||Sons of Pitches||W||Bandits||L||VMMP South|
|2||July 22, 2021||7:00pm||Sons of Pitches||24||Milo Young Guns||38||VMMP South|
|3||July 22, 2021||7:00pm||Village idiots||6||Don't Brothers||17||VMMP North|
|4||July 22, 2021||7:00pm||Mixed Nuts||Champion||CCHS|
|1||July 27, 2021||7:00pm||Village Idiots||8||Mixed Nuts||16||VMMP South|
|2||July 29, 2021||7:00pm||Don't Brothers||Bandits||VMMP South|
|3||July 29, 2021||7:00pm||Milo Young Guns||12||Champion||4||VMMP North|
|4||July 29, 2021||7:00pm||Village Idiots||6||Sons of Pitches||18||CCHS|
|1||August 3, 2021||7:00pm||Don't Brother||Milo Young Guns||VMMP South|
|2||August 5, 2021||7:00pm||Mixed Nuts||Bandits||VMMP South|
|3||August 5, 2021||7:00pm||Don't Brothers||24||Village Idiots||15||CCHS|
|4||August 5, 2021||7:00pm||Champion||14||Sons of Pitches||13||Champion|
|2||7:00pm||Sons of Pitches||13||Mixed Nuts||20|
|4||7:00pm||Milo Young Guns||20||Champion||21|
|1||Aug 17, 2021||7:00pm||Champion||27||Village Idiots||7||CCHS Diamond|
|2||Aug 17, 2021||7:00pm||Sons of Pitches||22||Don't Brothers||20||VMMP North|
|3||Aug 17, 2021||7:00pm||Bandits||9||Mixed Nuts||8||VMMP South|
|4||Aug 18, 2021||7:00pm||Champion||Sons of Pitches||VMMP North|
|5||Aug 18, 2021||7:00pm||Milo Young Guns||Bandits||VMMP South|
|Aug 19, 2021||7:00pm||Winner of Game 4||Winer of Game 5||VMMP North|
|Sons of Pitches||5||5||3rd|
|Milo Young Guns||9||1||1st|
|Updated Aug 16|
Vulcan Community 2020 Co-ed Slo-Pitch Rules
- Both Teams MUST submit their score after the game to the recreation office. Teams submitting their score within 24 hours
- Scorekeepers from both teams need to agree on the score at the end of the game before teams leave the diamond.
- There is a 3 home run rule +1. A team can only hit 3 home runs per game until the other team hits 3 home runs. Once both teams have hit 3 home runs, teams may then go ahead by 1 home run. Any home run hit before the opposing team has hit 3 home runs will be considered an out, as well as any home run hit to put a team more than one home run ahead (after 3 for each team) will also be considered an out. A home run is classified as a ball leaving the playing area in fair territory in the air. The game cannot end on a home run that puts your team 1 up in the home run count. In that case the batter is skipped the next batter is brought into the box and any base runners return to the last legally attained base
- 5 run mercy rule per inning, team is allowed to go ahead 5 runs per ending. The 7th inning being open, a team can go ahead as many as it take to get 3 outs. If a team is ahead by 10 runs or more after 6 innings, the game is called.
- The format is 7 guys and a minimum of 3 girls on the field at a time.
- All player will be 16 years of age or older
- Guy/Girl batter line up - 2 girls cannot bat in a row. No more than 3 guys cannot bat in a row.
- Guy/ girl battery rule – The pitcher and catcher cannot both be girls or both guys.
- Players must run behind home plate to score a run. If the runner touches home plate, that player will be called out. There is no commitment line.
- Umpires decision is final. No appeals.
- Men will hit 12” balls and Women will hit 11” balls. Or whatever both teams agree on.
- NO BUNTING. A bunt is an automatic out. No stealing.
- The batter will be automatically out if the ball is hit at or near the pitcher
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the playing field. the offending team will be immediately disqualified from further play and all monies will be forfeited. No excuses, no exceptions.
- If teams are forced to play short handed (still must have 3 girls), they must take an out at the bottom of the batting order for every player missing. Example: If a team can only field an 8-player team, the missing “9th & 10th persons” will be considered an out when those “players” come up to bat. If the “9th player” is the third out of an inning, the “10th player” will be considered the first out of the following inning. Missing players may be added to the roster when they show up, up to a 10 or 12-person roster (see rule #15).
- Teams may use either 10 or 12 hitters (7 guys/3 girls or 8guys/4girls)
- No player may play for more than one team. All rosters are frozen for the finals. This means anyone that hasn’t played for that team before the final is ineligible.
- Any walk to a male batter, intentional or unintentional, with a female batter following, results in the male being awarded second base but the female must hit and cannot walk.
- Fields shall be free of foreign materials and only approved softball equipment shall be used.
- The Town requires you to fill out a roster for insurance purposes and for qualification standards. These rosters must be filled out online at the beginning of the season. Any team not submitting a roster will forfeit their registration fee and be out of the league.
Vulcan Slo-pitch League Covid 19 Guidelines
Please note these are guidelines and do not guarantee or claim to guarantee they will stop the spread of COVID-19 during a slo-pitch game or practise.
- When teams arrive at their game there is to be no form of pregame warmup with teammates. Please do your warmups on your own. - It is the coaches and players responsibility to insure all current social distancing restrictions are adhered to. - When on offence, please use the dugout only when necessary. Allow the on- deck batter and batter, the appropriate distance to get on to the field of play. - While on offense and waiting for your turn at bat, use the out of play boundary or the fence to stand, insure you are standing at least 2 meters away from your closest teammate.
Coaches Responsibilities- Coaches, as in the regular rules of slo-pitch, you are responsible for your players. There are various rules in the rulebook that hold both the player and the coach responsible for the player’s actions. As a coach you need to ensure the guideline put forth by the league are adhered to.
- Do not come to the game if you are ill, show any symptoms or have been around someone who is ill - There will be a maximum 12 people allowed per/team including the scorekeeper - If a scorekeeper is used, then they must be included in the 12 allowable people per/team, Player can not play for more then one team at any time.
• The use of mask or face shield is recommended
• The use of personal fitted batting gloves at all times is recommended
• The use of individual antibacterial hand sanitizer is recommended
• The use of individual bats is recommended
• It is recommended that each team use their own set of balls, minimizing the number of people who touch the ball by half.
• Balls should be wiped before each inning
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your elbow when coughing or sneezing
• Do not spit
• Wash your hands often
Arrival/Departure at the Fields
• There will be absolutely no congregating at parks, facilities, or parking areas before or after your game.
Social Distancing During the Game
- There will be a no contact, “no handshakes or high fiving”
• No warmup of any kind before games.
• During batting, players will need to line up along the fence outside of the diamond spread out accordingly
• The dug out will only be used by the on deck batter, or participants can distance accordingly to space available
• Coaches will stand 2 meters away from 1st and 3rd base at all times, however, it is recommended that there be no base coaches
• The catcher will stand 2 meters behind the strike mat
- Immediately upon the completion of the game, all members will leave the diamond area
• Spectators must sit socially distanced from team members and other spectators
• It is recommended that spectators be kept to a minimum
• No coaching conferences or group huddles
• All garbage must be collected and removed by each team after the game
- It is also the coach’s responsibility to ensure their dugout contains both hand sanitizer and alcohol based sanitary wipes. As the coach, either bring these items yourself or designate a different teammate. - Please remind your players to insure they follow all current social distancing guidelines put forth in your area by the various levels of government.
Players, as in the regular rules of slo-pitch you are responsible for your actions. There are various rules in the rulebook that hold you, the player responsible for your actions. As a player you need to ensure the guidelines put forth by the league are adhered to. - No personal ball bags, or equipment allowed in the players bench area. Once you arrive at the game and your dugout side is determined, pick a spot along the fence or out of play line etc. and then put your personal equipment in this area. Please make sure all your teammates respect the rules of social distancing when picking their own areas to store their equipment. - Please remind your fellow players to insure they follow all current social distancing guidelines put forth in your area by the various levels of government. Rules of the Social Distance Slo-pitch Game.
- Batting order will be as follows Visiting team bats 1st inning, Home team bats 1st and 2nd inning, Visiting team bats 2nd and 3rd inning, Home team bats 3rd and 4th inning, Visiting team bats 4th and 5th inning, Home team bats 5th and 6th innings, Visiting team bats 6th and 7th inning, Home team bats 7th inning if necessary -
- Only batter runner, on deck batter and any base runners are allowed on the playing field while on offense.
- The batter runner, when hitting the ball, is to drop the softball bat on the way to first base and the on-deck batter is to pick it up by the barrel and place in the dugout. In the case of an out the batter/runner is to retrieve their own softball bat.
- General playing rules apply for a social distancing ball game when leaving the field or entering the field of play. Please ensure all social distance rules are adhered to.
- There is to be no hand slapping or physical contact during the game to congratulate anyone for good play’s etc.
- Zero warmup allowed on the infield this includes the pitchers.
- There is to be no form of gathering for 3 cheers or any other physical celebration contact with your team or the opposing team following the game.
It is imperative that all participants conduct themselves in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner. Failure to accept the necessary measures put forward by league or event organizers shall not be tolerated.
Thank you for your patience during these challenging times.